Monday 6 September 2010

SharePoint Docs/Forms Migrator Goes Live

Today I'm quite excited to announce that my long awaited utility is gone live in codeplex. Recently I've been heavily involved in SharePoint Migration Projects. My client wanted me to migrate his old clumsy and poorly architect portal to his new SharePoint 2007 infrastructure. The major work was around document libraries, infopath forms and surveys system. 


I used third party tool (not gonna name that :-) ) which itself had few deficiencies. As a work around, I wrote my own custom scripts which I later consolidated into a windows console application. The project is now live in code plex and here's the link.


SharePoint Document/Forms Migrator


Please feel free to post your comments and feedback.


Majid






  

2 comments:

Dem said...

I am trying to use your sofware from my desktop, and i got error microsoft.sharepoint DLL missing.

Is this software work only on Server?
If not, what i have to do to have it work

Majid Baig said...

This is server type utility and will only run on server.

However there's something which I'm currently working on and runs on client pc. You can download the utility from MessageOps and its free.

Here's the link http://www.messageops.com/labs
There're certain features which are still under development phase. We're looking forward to improve it and if you have any suggestion or feedback please do let us know.



Majid

Iconise ‘Add Picture’ control in PowerApps

Default look you get for ‘Add Picture’ control is not very appealing for end user and there is no OTB way of specifying icon for this con...